The Aloe Essentials
While there are hundreds, if not thousands of things you should know about Aloe, here are nine things you should know about Aloe Vera (Barbadensis Miller). Plant rich with Vitamins, Minerals and Amino Acids - nutrients that human body strives for.
- Aloe has been used by civilizations for over 4,000 (some reports date back 6,000) years. Egyptian queens used Aloe for beauty treatments and bathed in it to keep their skin looking youthful. There are over 200 varieties of Aloe, but only around four are beneficial for our body.
- Aloe Vera Gel has anti-inflammatory agents in it that help to soothe all sorts of wounds. Rubbed onto a wound, the gel gets to work and helps ease the pain of a burn, cut, or scrape.
- The Aloe gel has anti-bacterial agents in it that helps clean and keep wounds clean.
- Aloe gel has agents that are ensuring human wounds heal faster.
- Aloe has anti-scaring agents that help the skin to heal cleanly and leave as little or no, scar as possible.
- Aloe gel has many different vitamins that, when either taken internally or applied onto a wound, help nourish the wound and surrounding skin.
- Aloe has many minerals: Calcium, Sodium, Zinc, Chromium, Potassium, Magnesium, Copper, Manganese and Selenium - the well known anti-oxidant.
- The many different properties in Aloe help soothe the stomach when taken internally.
- And one more just for fun; Aloe Vera is mentioned in The Bible five times:
While Aloe is so rich with vitamins, amino acids and minerals, it should not be taken to replace a medicine unless directed by a physician.
There you go; nine facts about Aloe that you more than likely didnít know. It is an incredible plant and can provide incredible results.
More About Aloe Vera